Wednesday 7 October 2009

Look! Up in the sky!


I was very productive and got this done really early today. 2am to be exact. I couldn't sleep, I was just lying there with my brain working overtime, so I thought: Hey! I'll get a head start on my dissertation and write some notes until I get tired!

Of course as soon as I got my lined notepad all I wanted to do was doodle. And I was like: Hey! I have the word Superman in my dissertation title, but I've never really drawn him - what's up with that?! Batman, yeah. Spiderman, yeah. Wolverine, yeah. Teen titans, yeah. But not Superman. Poor supes! He must be crying up in his fortress of solitude! So I knew there and then that this evil must be righted!!!!

Then, I also realised I only have like 2 Superman graphic novels. Okay, he's featured in some of my other ones, but I have like a bajillion Batman/Robin/Teen Titans ones, and a not too shabby number of Runaways. Yet again, poor Supes!

So, feeling rather ashamed I grabbed my copy of Superman: Red Son (vowing to buy more Man Of Steel stories some time) and proceeded to copy the first panel which caught my eye, as you can see above.

It's a little out of proportion (I think I made his head too big and his cape too long) but I still really like it. Although. I kinda wish I'd left the balloon out though, because without the little kid there and the build-up of him losing his balloon just as the huge metal globe falls off the building and almost crushes him, it just looks random. Like Supes is going to a Justice League birthday party for the Martian Manhunter.... (Hey! That actually sounds like a pretty good idea for my next doodle! =D )


ALSO!!!!! My little brother has just started a creative writing blog, kind of like mine but for actual good writing rather than half-assed doodles scrawled in the pages of diaries XD Check him out at

http://camdenscreativewriting.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment